Pages

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Crocheted bag

Last night I turned this:

Into this:


In 3 hours. As I've mentioned before, I've started crocheting, and it truly is so much quicker than knitting. I've also fallen in love with amigurumi, the Japanese art of crocheting anthropomorphic creatures and animal. I've only made one so far, but I will be doing more for Christmas presents and I can't wait to start. It's also led me to this blog: All About Ami which has so many wonderful patterns for free and links to other patterns I would love to try.

It was through this that I found a link to Crochet in Color, which had the pattern for the basket I made last night. It was pretty easy to follow, and incredibly quick to make, although it did hurt my hand, crocheting for so long. The wool I used wasn't chunky enough, and so it isn't as stiff as it should be. But it's perfect for putting the project I'm working on in. Which is the reason I did it: I can take it to the beach in Barcelona and know I can wash it when I get home.

Plus I'm thinking it'll be great to put Christmas presents in. I'll make it a bit smaller for the amigurumi, and a bit bigger for the gift baskets I plan on making. I also want to make bigger baskets just for general things around the house. It'd be perfect for a wash basket, or storage for things around the house.

For now, here's a few more pictures to show you the size of it. It's really not that big, but it's perfect for what I need

As you can see, it doesn't stand up straight on its own, but it'll do!

My i-chord rug.
Also, making more baskets would let me get through some of my spare wool, giving me space to buy some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!